Keep my sunglasses like new:
- The eyewear should be treated as “wearable art.” Do not store glasses in your pocket, backpack, hanging from your shirt, etc.
- Keep glasses in original case when not being worn.
- Clean lenses with lens cleaner and provided microfiber pouch.
- To maintain fit, use eyeglass toolkit to tighten screws.
- Seek professional assistance to clean stains.
- It’s recommended that you apply a coating to protect your glasses from damage anytime they begin to look lighter or feel dryer. Regular application should help protect against most cracks and significantly improve the look and durability of the wood. Recommended coatings include beeswax, lip-balm, butcher block oil, or walnut oil.
Frequent Questions & Answers
Do Sunglasses float?
As each pair of sunglasses is unique and wood density and buoyancy will vary from pair to pair, we cannot guarantee that all sunglasses will float.
Are sunglasses waterproof?
Through our proprietary finishing techniques, sunglasses are water-resistant and will not be affected by sweat or other small amounts of water. Excessive water exposure, including – but not limited to – submersion, may cause sunglasses to warp.
What are polarized lenses?
Polarized lenses offer the increased benefit of glare reduction as well as 100% UVA/UVB protection. While all of lens offerings are top of the line, Polarized will offer the highest level of safety and comfort.
Are wood Sunglasses more fragile than plastic sunglasses?
This one should be pretty obvious here, anytime you make a product from a natural material like wood, they are always going to be a little more fragile than a man made material like plastic. Please just be conscious that they can break from things like dropping them off your head, sitting on them in the car, or clipping them on the front of a shirt and then getting a strong hug. All our shades come with a Bamboo hard case to help you protect them.
Will the paint from my glasses rub off on my skin?
All wood and bamboo glasses are treated with a light wax finish to prevent paint from rubbing off.
Are then lenses made from glass or plastic?
Since our frames need to have the lenses “popped in” during the assembly process, we are unable to utilize glass lenses for these shades. All of our lenses are polarized, shatter resistant plastic.
How should I clean my lenses?
Clean lenses with lens cleaner and provided microfiber pouch. If you have lost your microfiber pouch, contact us for a replacement.
What kind of UV protection do your sunglasses offer?
the sunglasses provide 100% UV400 protection.
Can I visit your shop?
We do not currently offer shop visits, however we are extremely thankful for your interest in our company. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on our latest and greatest ideas!